Platt College, established in 1980, educates creative, talented and motivated students for careers in the Graphic Design and Media Arts industry. The mission of Platt College San Diego is to identify the natural talent of students and build those talents into strengths. Our mission includes the promotion of self-belief, respect for others and a commitment to the ethic of focused work.
Platt College is an accredited specialty school with a 7 to 1 student to instructor ratio and offers degrees in Graphic Design, Web Design, Digital Video Production and 3D Animation. In as little as 2.5 years, students can earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Media Arts and become one of our highly successful Alumni. Platt graduates are currently working in high-profile companies, such as:
· Lionsgate Films (Movies: Saw, The Punisher, Transporter)
· Neversoft (Video Games: Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk)
· Blue Sky Studios (Ice Age, Robots and Horton Hears a Who)
· Sony Computer Entertainment America (Video Games: NBA, MLB: The Show)
· Sony Online Entertainment (Online Games: EverQuest & PlanetSide)
· Sony Pictures ImageWorks (Spiderman, Watchmen, Beowulf)
The I AM Foundation and Platt College San Diego share the knowledge that the creative force within all of us is a powerful tool. When a child discovers the value of who they are, the community benefits and the world becomes a better place. The I AM Foundation and Platt College San Diego empowers the youth of today to convey their value to the world.
Platt College San Diego is proud to be associated with The I AM Foundation and supports educating our children to help create a promising future.