Great news!!!! There are hundreds of kids all over our planet who are uplifting our world through love and action. In the midst of these rather intense challenging times with much uncertainty and financial pressures and fear, there remains a movement of hope, love and optimism!!!!
Brought to you by Kids For Peace, Volunteer San Diego, and Excel Youth Zone in Celebration of
“Global Youth Service Day!!!”
Kids for Peace is a 501c3 non for profit (www.KidsforPeaceUSA.org) that now has over 40 chapters around the world – including Africa, Australia, the Dominican Republic, Greece, Canada and throughout the US! Their mission is to cultivate every child’s innate ability to foster peace through cross-cultural experiences and hands-on arts, service and environmental projects.
Community support has allowed the kids at Kids for Peace to reach out and connect with other children all over the world and do amazing things, like sending hundreds of Peace Packs of friendship to children across the globe, saving our local seals, cleaning rivers and beaches, visiting seniors, honoring veterans, connecting kids and learning of their cultures from continent to continent and so much more….
Over the last two and a half years, Kids for Peace has participated in projects and programs such as:
- Brought Peace Packs to children living in an orphanage in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Visited Veterans at the Veterans Hospital on Veterans Day.
- Visited a Sr. Center in costume on Halloween.
- Performed our “peace pledge” at several nonprofit events including LIVE FEED in Los Angeles where 2000 underprivileged families received food and gifts
- Beach clean-ups
- Save the seals rally
- Earth Day parade
- Met with Congressional representatives and attended City Council Meetings
- Participated in the Great Kindness Challenge
- Attended monthly meetings and learned about many other cultures
- Published a book called “Peace Through Our Eyes” where children from around the world wrote and illustrated what peace means to them.
Servapalooza is their annual fund raiser. The purpose of Servapalooza is to engage our Youth in Meaningful Service Projects and to Encourage Volunteering throughout the Year.
THE SERVAPALOOZA EVENT AND WHAT TO EXPECT:
Who: Youth, adults young at heart, families, groups, volunteers, community agencies, businesses and YOU!!!
When: Sunday, April 26th
*Hands-on Service Stations
*Peace Hero Award
*Wish for Our World Banners
*Food and Vendors
*Raffle and Silent Auction
All proceeds will go to support Volunteer San Diego, eXcel Youth Zone and Kids for Peace in their efforts to promote service among youth in our community.
For more questions about the event or how to get involved, contact Shari Simon at email@example.com. If you are interested in contributing donations and/or sponsorship to the event please visit http://Servapalooza.kintera.org/sharisimon.